Tired of seeing a paunch every time you look into the mirror? Is your dress too tight around the waist? Do you often see your stomach bulging out when you wear skinny jeans? If yes, then you have to try the 10-minute ab workout. This workout comprises of four exercises that can be done in ten minutes.
Would you like to know more about this 10 minute ab workout? Keep reading!
1. The Chop A Exercise
This exercise is idyllic for all swim suit lovers. It fights belly fat and tones your ab muscles like no other.
- Stand straight and gently part your legs.
- Your arms should be by your sides.
- Now touch your right toe and twist your body towards the left.
- Your left arm should be extended upwards at the same time.
2. The Chop B Exercise
This 10 min ab workout is for your arms, waist and abs. If you like a bit of a challenge, try exercising with a 5-pound dumbbell in each hand.
- Stand straight and part your legs.
- Bend the left leg a little and tilt the left toe towards the ground.
- Now bend the right leg, twist the torso towards the right and reach down to touch the floor.
- Do 20 reps on each side.
3. Twist Using Dumbbells
This exercise will work your abs, legs and shoulders.
- Lie down on a mat and bend your knees.
- Now hold a 5-pound dumbbell in each hand.
- Bend your arms and bring them near your chest.
- Lift your legs till they are parallel to the ground.
- Point your legs towards the ceiling
- Bring them back to normal and repeat.
4. Russian Twists
Russian twists can help you maintain great posture. They work your abdominals, obliques and dorsi.
- Sit on the floor and bend your knees first.
- Supporting your body on your buttocks, and maintaining the posture, lift your legs into the air (ensure your legs continue to be bent at the knees).
- Bring forward both your hands and keep them straight at the shoulder level. Join your palms.
- Now bend your upper body, along with your hands kept in the same position, to the right.
- Pause for a few seconds.
- Repeat the same on the other side as well.
Belly Fat Burning Foods You Must Eat
1. Whole Grain Foods
Foods such as brown rice, organic bread, whole wheat pasta and oatmeal can be classified as whole grain foods. They will help burn twice the calories when you are working out, and fill an empty stomach because of their fibre content. Oatmeal provides your body with the necessary ingredients that encourage brain function, and boost the growth of bones and calcium.
2. Lean Meat
Replace pork and beef with chicken breast, fish and sea food. If you love fish, eat a lot of salmon. It contains protein and omega 3 fatty acids that help you lose weight faster. You burn 30% of the calories that foods contain. Lean meats like turkey are best known for body building and maintaining lean muscle.
3. Low Fat Dairy Products
Low-fat dairy products contain toned milk, tofu and low-fat cheese. They are rich in calcium and vitamin D that help you maintain metabolism and preserve muscle mass. Cheese is something you must try. It prevents tooth decay and contains health-promoting bacteria that transform your lifestyle over time.
4. Green Tea
Drink 4 to 5 cups of green tea per day to shed 6 to 8 pounds in two months. It helps you burn a lot of fat around the stomach and waist. Also, green tea is good for your overall health. It lowers cholesterol and blood pressure, boosts immunity and digestion, and reduces the chances of stroke.
Lentils are super healthy. They cover up for 35% of your daily needs and provide you with enough energy for the day. They contain all essential nutrients that your body needs. Eating more lentils will definitely help you achieve your weight loss goals. Lentils are also a great source of fiber that regulates blood sugar. It also makes you less prone to life threatening diseases like cancer.
Quick Weight Loss Tips
Here are a few weight loss tips that should definitely help you reach your goals soon!
1. Change Your Lifestyle
Bring a little change in what you usually do. Take the flight of stairs instead of the elevator. Walk home instead of taking a taxi. Don’t over indulge at the meal table. Grab a glass of water every time you are in between meals.
2. Eliminate Sweets Completely
When you give up on sweets entirely, you will be able to say no to carbohydrates and lose more weight. Always remember that sweets and chocolates are your biggest enemies in your weight loss journey. So, do yourself a favour and cut out on the wafers and ice cream you love so dearly.
3. Stop Dining Outside
Make it a point to dine outside just once a week. Yes, you can eat whatever you like the best, but make sure the rest of your meals for the day are light. Drink enough water and green tea the same day.
4. Quit Alcohol And Cigarettes
Completely give up on alcohol and cigarettes. Some women have claimed to lose over 35 pounds in two months after quitting cigarettes.
Did you enjoy reading this post? Have you tried 10 minute ab workouts before? Let us know your views by commenting in the box below.