Yoga is such a versatile thing that it can be practised by anyone irrespective of their age. It is not only an effective stress buster but also alleviates tension and eases symptoms of anxiety. Here are 10 yoga poses which can be practised one after another or separately to help reduce stress.
Anjali Mudra or the Salutation seal
This pose is a brilliant way to invoke a meditative state of awareness. It is performed with our hands in the center of our heart chakra. This stance is a representation of the balance and the harmony between the right and the left side reunited on our center. This is a good beginning to performing a sequence of yoga. Also Read This: Dark Chocolate Reduces Stress, Improves Immunity: 5 Benefits Of This Delicious Treat You Didn’t Know
Balasana or the Child pose
This pose is great for –
- Calming the mind
- Rejuvenating the body with energy
- Relieving lower back pain, shoulder and neck stiffness, and also hip strain.
- Its restorative power provides emotional and mental relief.
Uttanasana or the Standing Forward bend
This is the ideal yoga pose as it-
- Reduces stress.
- Improves the blood supply throughout the body by preserving proper functioning of the nervous system.
- Aids in weight loss and tones the abdominal muscles and organs.
- Helps in relaxing the spine.
- Increases flexibility.
Garudasana or the Eagle Pose
By practising this yoga technique, one can effectively-
- Reduce stress by improving balance and focus.
- This is an empowerment pose that helps in releasing the tension in the legs, shoulder, and back
Marjaryasana or the Cat pose
Benefits of this pose include-
- Soothes and helps in stretching the lower back.
- Relieves Stress.
- Massages Spine.
- Tones the muscles and the organs of the abdomen.
- Relieves digestive problems.
- Relieves PMS.
Ardha Pincha Mayurasana or the Dolphin Pose
This yoga pose helps in-
- Reducing anxiety.
- Stretching the shoulder, neck, and spine.
Bitilasana or the Cow Pose
This pose aids in-
- Relieving the mind.
- Massaging and stimulating the organs.
- Creating an emotional balance.
- Warming the spine by giving a soothing experience. Also Read This: 5 Gentle Desktop Yoga Exercises To Reduce Work Stress And Stay Fit
Savasana or the Corpse pose
This is the ultimate pose for stress relief. No yoga session can be completed without doing this pose. This is the most calming and relaxing among all.
This one helps in-
- Lowering high blood pressure.
- Calming the nervous system.
- Promoting sleep.
Adho Mukha Savasana or the Puppy pose
This yoga pose is known for –
- Reducing fatigue and tiredness.
- Rejuvenating the body by boosting the blood circulation.
- Relieving neck pain as it reduces the stiffness of the upper body.
- Helping in improving the bone density.
- Preventing bone diseases like osteoporosis in women.
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana or the Bridge pose
Probably the best yoga pose to-
- Reduce stress and anxiety.
- Stretch the muscles of the back and the leg.
- Tone the thighs and hips.
The benefits of yoga cannot be stressed enough. With these 10 yoga poses one can easily relieve stress and anxiety.