Gout Treatment: How to Get rid of Gout Pain Attack : There are few things in human life that can compete with the pain of gout Whether it is a Richman’s diseases or the king’s disease, we all know that gout is not just a matter of laugh; it’s just more than anything. Over the past years, inflammation in joints due to gout has increased, and it has a deep link with our metabolic system and sudden changes in the diet plan. But if we ever face such a painful situation at midnight, what would be our immediate action to get relief? So we are here to explain few ways to deal with Gout Treatment: How to Get rid of Gout Pain Attack.
What is Gout:
Gout is another form of arthritis where the joints get inflamed and started swelling. In most of the gout cases, it generally affects the feet and big toe, but in other types of gout, it can affect fingertips, knee joint and elbow. Gout pain attack comes without any notification and can occur repeatedly. It damages the tissue slowly in the affected region. Both men and women can experience gout pain, who overindulge food that increases the level of uric acid in the blood.
Commonly Gout has Four Stages:
• In stage 1 there is no indication of gout pain, but the uric acid level in blood increased up to 6 mg/dl… This stage is called Asymptomatic Hyperuricemia.
• In stage 2 the crystals which have formed and dispersed in the joint region become activated and produce severe pain. This stage is known as acute gout attack.
• In stage 3 the affected joints can function normally, and it is a symptom-free stage, but the level uric acid tends to increase and to form crystals continuously. This stage is known as inter-critical gout.
• In stage 4 the disease becomes chronic when the bones began to get deform and damage. In this stage, the kidney is not out of danger, and so proper medication and treatment are much needed. This stage is called chronic Tophaceous Gout.
Causes of Gout:
Gout is the outcome of an unplanned diet that increases the uric acid level. It started with simple symptoms like mild pain or redness in the joint, but turn complex in no time. Apart from diet, there are lots of factors that play a vital part in spreads out gouts. Let us check the cause:
• Intake of food like red meat, selfish etc.
• To consume too much alcohol.
• If anyone develops a joint injury.
• If anyone is suffering from kidney diseases or thyroid and as a result could not eliminate the uric acid from the body properly.
• Not drinking sufficient water.
• If anyone is taking diuretics medicines for treating a heart problem.
• In few cases, fever may also occur when the body immune system reacts to the uric acid crystal formation.
Gout symptoms includes:
• Severe pain in the joint during midnight or in the early morning.
• Redness and tenderness in the joint.
• Joints become stiff.
• Swelling of the joint due to inflammation and to feel hot.
• At first, gout affects one joint but if lack of proper treatment may be the cause of affecting other joints and knees.
• Often gout is related to other serious health issues like high blood sugar, kidney failure and heart problem.
How to Get rid of Gout Pain Attack?
Dealing with sudden gout pain is not easy as the pain may occur from mild to severe with inflammation in the joint. It is essential to show awareness and act fast if you experience such situation at midnight so that you can get some relief.
1. Use Ice Pack:
During a gout attack, joints become sensitive and swelling. Using ice pack on the tender joint may bring temporary relief. Warp the ice cubes by a piece of cotton of cotton clothes and compress the area. Do it several times a day.
2. Fix your Leg Little High:
To keep up your leg a little higher than your chest with the help of pillow may help to reduce swelling.
3. Take Medicine:
Start taking medicine that will low your pain immediately. The most common drugs that are used in the case are anti-inflammatory. These drugs help to calm down the pain in the area. If you are a chronic patient of gout, then you must have to take medicine that reduces uric acid in the blood.
4. Epsom Salt:
It is one of the better options to treat gout pain locally. The extreme pain of gout made the joints inflamed and Epsom salt can provide relief in severe gout pain. It is a mineral that consists of magnesium and sulphate. So taking a foot bath in hot water with Epsom salt can be proved fruitful. The sulphate helps to flush out the toxin, whereas the magnesium reduced inflammation and improves the nerves to function correctly. Take foot bath before sleeping at least 30 mins so that you can avoid midnight gout attack.
5. Use of Turmeric:
Turmeric is anti-inflammatory by nature, and so it is beneficial in gout pain. The painkiller which is commonly used to reduce pain is harmful to a patient with the kidney problem, but turmeric has no side effect, and it acts on both the enzyme LOX and COX, which are responsible for pain, fever an inflammation. Make a smooth paste of turmeric powder with water and boil it for 30 mins. Apply to the affected area in warm condition and leave for the night.
6. Lemon Juice:
Lemon has the high level of vitamin C which is a nature’s protection for gout pain. Lemon juice helps to low the uric acid in our body. So it is a better option to include lemon in the diet. Lemon juices acidic in nature and different studies have shown that it acts efficiently in neutralising uric acid action inside the body and inhibits gout attack. When the acidic level of our body reaches a high point, uric acid started to form a crystal. To stop this, it is necessary to increase the alkaline level of our body. Lemon juice produces calcium carbonates which in decreasing the acidity by increasing the alkaline level.
7. Plan your Diet:
Planned diet may be helpful to manage sudden gout attack. Try to avoid a diet which contains high hydro genetic fat, purines and refined carbohydrates. Include high fibrous food, potassium-rich food, plenty of water into your diet
How to Prevent Gout Pain:
Most of the gout pain is subject to medical treatment. Proper medication not only helps to reduce the pain but also it helps to lower the risk of future flares. But the best option to avoid complication regarding gout pain is to maintain few preventive steps in our lifestyle and food habit.
1): we should increase our fluid intake so that the uric acid can flush out properly from the body.
2): stop taking alcohol, especially beer.
3): Manage your body weight.
4): avoid foods that contain high purines.
5): Include complex carbohydrates.
6): avoid intake of excess sugar.
7): Do exercise regularly to maintain your body weight as obesity is one of the causes of a gout attack.
8): Include plant-based proteins and vegetables in your diet.
Last but not the least, without taking proper medical action in time gout pain can reach to the extreme level and turn into a chronic disease. So, proper medical assistance at the right time is a must to save the affected joints from further damage. Never be overstressed as stress can accelerate gout pain. So we hope, these steps will provide you with a perfect guideline to deal with your sudden gout pain attack.