You’d be surprised to learn that guava leaves contain many potential bioactive components such as saponins, tannins, flavonoid, eugenol and tritenoids – all of which provide immense health benefits.
The health benefits of guava leaves range from helping to cure diarrhea to reducing the risk of several conditions, such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cancer and obesity.
In fact, the leaves of guava also contain ingredients that make them immensely beneficial for the health of your hair.
Amazing hair care benefits of guava leaves
Here are some amazing benefits of using guava leaves on your hair:
- Guava leaves are gaining popularity progressively due to its ability to prevent hair loss. Guavas are loaded with vitamins and essential nutrients that are vital for your hair health. Also, the vitamin C in guava leaves nourishes your hair roots, making them stronger.
- Guava leaves are packed with analgesic, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Thus massaging the extract deeply into your scalp can help to maintain optimum scalp and treat dandruff.
- Guava leaves can also be used as a thickening agent. The vitamins B and C found in the leaves help to nourish the follicles and aid hair growth.
- Among many other benefits, the antioxidants in guava leaves can fight off free radicals, thereby preventing hair damage.
- Guava leaves also contain lycopene, which protects your hair from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun.
How to use guava leaves on hair
Get a handful of guava leaves and boil them in a litre of water for about 20 minutes. Strain the liquid and let it cool.
Now, apply this solution into your scalp and then work it down to the tips of your hair (make sure that your hair is clean and washed using a shampoo, but skip the conditioner).
Leave it for at least 2 hours – or even overnight if you wish. Rinse off the solution with clear, lukewarm water.
So, instead of wasting your money on expensive, unhealthy chemical shampoos, grab a few leaves of this superfood to get rid of your hair problems naturally.