Every girl desires a flat and curvy waist. Unfortunately, your belly may not support you when it comes to that. It very conveniently stores fat – the kind that is very tough to lose. The best approach to decrease your waistline and fight belly fat is to follow a good diet coupled with a consistent workout routine. As far as your diet is concerned, it is not as simple as reducing your calories. Your daily diet should have nutritious amounts of carbohydrates, fats and proteins to help you maintain your metabolic rate and fight fat.
Certain foods and ingredients can help you fight belly fat effectively while some may hinder your plan. Calling all ladies! These simple tips will help you lose belly fat in the easiest way possible. Have a look at what you should be eating or avoiding to get rid of belly fat.
6 Foods That Help Reduce Belly Fat in Women
1. Oats: The best remedy for a flat stomach is to include oats in your diet. Oats are highly nutritious and are a rich source of good carbs and fiber. They also contain minerals and nutrients like magnesium, phosphorous, manganese, copper, iron and zinc. They make for a wholesome breakfast keeping you full till lunch and preventing instances of overeating. You can also sprinkle some oats on your smoothies in order to keep your hunger in control.
2. Avocado: Avocados are full of monounsaturated fats that are known to help with weight loss.Just half an avocado is filling enough to satisfy your hunger and prevent cravings. The creamy texture of avocados makes it a good substitute for of cheese and butter and perfect as a great evening snack with toast. You can even add it to your salad to make it more wholesome.
3. Mustard: According to scientists at Oxford Brooke’s University in the United Kingdom, half a tablespoon of mustard can burn calories up to 25-30 percent. Moreover, mustard oil is known to be very good for the heart. It is also suggested that rubbing your tummy with a mix of mustard oil and sesame oil helps in burning excess fat, boosting digestion and treating constipation.
4. Citrus Fruits: Fruits like oranges, lemon and grapes are acidic in nature and and help to slow the process of digestion thus keeping you feel fuller for longer. These citrus fruits can be taken in the morning for breakfast or as an evening snack.
5. Broccoli: It is rich in Vitamin C and helps to pump up the metabolism rate in your body. “A study published in the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics found that dark green veggies, like broccoli, may help reduce belly fat.
6. Eggs: Eggs makes for a great meal if you want to lose fat around the belly. According to a study published in the Journal Nutrition Research, eggs are rich in protein and eating them for breakfast can keep you away from overeating the entire day. Eggs are also a good source of other nutrients like B12, Vitamin D and choline that help fight belly fat. Since, majority of the nutrients are present in yolk, make sure you eat the entire egg.
5 Foods Women Must Avoid to Lose Belly Fat
Some foods can challenge your digestive system and slow down your metabolism. They may also lead to greater fat accumulation around your waist, so it is best to avoid them if you want to lose few inches around your belly.
1. Fruit Juices: Fruit juices are high in concentrated sugar in the form of fructose which may get accumulated around your belly as fat. It is best to consume fresh fiber rich fruits.
2. High Calorie Foods: Say “no” to junk. Fast food items are low in nutrition and high on calories and bad carbohydrates that can upset the balance of the gut flora and trigger inflammation leading to weight gain.
3. Refined Sugar: Sugar impacts your metabolic health. It can lead to increased accumulation of fat in your belly. Limit your daily sugar intake to roughly about 25 grams as per WHO’s recommendation and if you want to lose weight switch to healthier alternatives like honey or jaggery.
4. Salty foods: Excess salt tends to retain water in your stomach and puff up your belly. Instead of adding salt while cooking try salting on the table when the food is served and restrict your intake. Also, check for sodium levels on packaged foods.
5. Refined Carbohydrates: Refined carbohydrates like white rice and maida are low in fiber and are digested very quickly making you feel hungry again. They also tend to spike up your blood sugar levels suddenly which may lead to fat accumulation.
Starving yourself is not the key and instead you need to understand your body’s needs and provide it all the nourishment that it needs to lose belly fat in a healthy way and enjoy long-term results.